Are you fearful you might be rejected if you talk about your faith on stage? Are you cautious when it comes to integrating God into your business?
When I started my speaking business twelve years ago, I felt exactly the same way.
Over those twelve years I’ve spoken on many stages. Every time I stepped on one of those stages, I kept my faith a secret from the audience. That was the only way, in my mind, I could be recognized as a professional speaker. Having just ended 23 years in corporate America, where you didn’t dare talk about God or your faith. I was told such talk would be a severe career limiting move. That lesson to keep my faith to myself transferred into my new world of entrepreneurism and onto my stages.
When I spoke, something was missing and I knew it. I left out the most important part of my life and who I was, my faith in God. I thought that was what a professional speaker did, just like in the corporate arena.
That all changed in an instant. I was listening to my mentor Eric Lofholm speak and I’ll never forget the moment, his personal story when he said, “And then I prayed about it.” Those words were music to my soul. First, I didn’t know my mentor was a man of faith. Second, I realized, he could speak about his faith without preaching. I had never heard a speaker talk about their faith outside of church.
I was also inspired when motivational speaker Lisa Nichols spoke of her faith in God in her speeches. I got it! I could do this too. My soul overflowed with joy. It took hearing them speak their faith outside the church before I believed I could do the same. I decided that from now on I was ready to take the risk and speak my faith.
It made a HUGE difference in my presentations. Today, I am free to speak and share my God-given gifts with any audience. I’m free to be real. No secrets. No hiding my faith. As a result, I’m attracting more of the people I want to work with, men and women of faith.
When I talk with my fellow speakers of faith, I discovered that many Christian speakers share this same dilemma. And sadly, they had no place to go to get help, get coached, or get connected.
God prompted me to create a community of professional speakers in business who are Christian.
The Christian Speakers In Business Movement to give other Christians who felt this way a place they could network, support, and inspire each other to do their best, and a place where they would no longer feel alone in their journey. Together we claim our rightful identity as Christian speakers who integrate God and business into our message.
And now it is reality.
- Join our online community and connect with other Christian speakers in business and receive support, education, and life-long fellowship.
- Be part of a global Christian business online movement that gives members proof they are not alone no matter where they are.
- Add your professional speaker profile in the “Speaking Connection Directory” and get more speaking opportunities.
- Gain access to our online calendar of events to promote your business, events, and your speaking engagements. Keep informed about upcoming CSIB events and member events.
- Get access to our online education center and listen to training calls, read articles, and receive resources. The Education Center topics include public speaking, marketing, sales, social media, networking, leadership, wealth building, and other business and inspirational messages.
- Market your books and information products in our online store and keep the proceeds.
- For more benefits click here
Join this unique community of Christian business speakers and promote your message online and on stage.
The Master Speaker Trainer,
International Speaker, Author and Founder